for issuance of certificates for the export of works / objects of art that do not possess the characteristics of cultural property
and do not meet the definition of cultural property within the meaning of Art. 7 of the Cultural Heritage Act
The Palace, 1, Knyaz Alexander I Sq.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 10–12 a. m.
In connection with Order №RD-01-856 / 19.10.2021 of the Minister of Health and Order №RD-14-255 / 20.10.2021 of the Director of the National Gallery, the Export Commission will not meet on Friday – 22.10.2021 г.
From 25.10.2021 (Monday) the commission will temporarily work only on Mondays, from 10 а.m. to 12 a.m. until a new order.
Visitors will be admitted upon presentation of a green certificate, a certificate for sick Kovid 19 or PCR test up to 72 hours, as well as a rapid antigen test up to 48 hours.
For the issuance of a certificate for the export of works / objects of art that do not possess the characteristics of cultural property, it is necessary to present:
1. The works / objects of art that are to be exported.
2. 2 (two) colour photographs (9 x 12 cm) for each work / object of art. It is acceptable for the photos to have been printed on a colour printer.
3. 2 (two) copies of lists of the works / objects of art when they are more than two and are to be exported together. The list must contain the following data:
– name of the artist;
– year of creation;
– technique(s) and materials.
In cases where the works / objects of art will be returned to Bulgaria, 3 (three) colour photographs (9 x 12 cm) for each work / object of art and 3 (three) copies of lists if the works / objects of art are more than two, are required.
One of the following options can be used:
1. LIST in .docx format (download here) + PHOTOS
2. LIST in .xlsx format (download here), with the photos inserted inside the table.
1. Submission of an application for the issuance of an export certificate for the work(s) / object(s) of art, using a claim form, in duplicate. The application can be received on site from the Commission, or downloaded here.
2. Inspection of the work(s) / object(s) of art subject to export.
3. Issuance of a certificate in two copies—one for the Customs Agency and one for the archives of the National Gallery.
4. For the issuance of an export certificate, a fee shall be payable in accordance with the Tariff of Fees collected by museums, the National Institute for Immovable Cultural Heritage and the Sts Cyril and Methodius National Library for the provision of services and issuance of documents and duplicates (Council of Ministers Decree No. 212/19.09.2013) of the amount:
– for one work / object of art: 4 BGN;
– for a group of works / objects of art numbering from 2 to 50 items: 3 BGN for each work;
– for a group of works / objects of art numbering over 50 items: 2 BGN for each work;
– for a cycle / total print of graphic works numbering up to 50 items / sheets: 10 BGN.
A cash receipt and invoice are issued for the paid fee.
5. The marking of each artwork for which an export certificate is issued with a special stamp in an appropriate manner, without damaging it.
6. In cases where the works / objects of art are large in number, difficult to transport, or in a large format, the Commission may work outside the building of the National Gallery upon written application to and approval by the Director of the National Gallery. The transport expenses of the members of the Commission shall be borne by the applicant. If the Commission meets outside Sofia, the applicant shall also bear the daily subsistence expenses of its members, in accordance with the Ordinance on Secondments in the country.
For further information:
T : 02/9897841 afret 2 pm
E : email@example.com